Sleek Makeup Gift Box at Walgreens

With the holidays right around the corner makeup brands are rolling out their holiday collections left and right. Every brand from high end to drug store, so there is something out there for everyone. Now there are a ton of reviews out there giving you the best gift sets to pick. But I haven't seen too many targeted towards drugstore and reviews on like which sets to avoid.  I found a cute little makeup gift set at Walgreens one day and it was from a brand that I have been dying to try. Sleek Makeup ,maybe you remember like a year ago Sleek was getting major buzz because of their highlighting palette. Then it got sold out everywhere. Then for some reason it couldn't ship to the US. Idk but long story short they now sell Sleek in Ulta and I just happen to find this set in Walgreens. Naturally I was so excited! It's super cute! The packaging is on point.
It comes with 3 products. All full sized. An eyeshadow palette , the highlighting palette and a blush palette.
                       The Eyeshadow Palette in Vintage Romance
                                                                           Flash
No flash

Disclaimer I'm not the biggest fan of purple eyeshadows but I though maybe it could be a dupe for the Kylie Jenner palette. I'm always trying to save y'all money so I thought I would play around with it. 
Swatches 
No Flash
Flash

They swatch pretty decent and the colors are really pretty. The textures were really rough with the shimmer/glitter colors but that isn't always a deal breaker. I was really loving the mattes. BUT and this is a really big but once I applied them to my eyes and started blending them out they disappeared. They just either blended away to nothing or all mixed in to make one muddy gross color. 
Below is a eye look I tried to create using the blue,purple and gold in the palette and this was the result.

Like you can see a little purple. But not close to what I would expect to look like. I don't remember the last time I wast this disappointed in an eyeshadow palette..trust me I have A LOT! 

But there was more in the set then just the eyeshadow. Next the Highlight palette

Highlighting Palette in Solstice 


This is the front of the compact. It has a pretty shiny gold packaging (notice the finger prints)




 The inside! How pretty? There are 3 powder highlights and 1 cream. The cream being in the top left corner.
                                                            Swatches
I had to use flash because unfortunately you can't see them without the flash and its kind of hard to see here still. I do like the formula of this highlighting palette. They all do look different on the face and body. So This was a plus I guess.

And finally the blush.

         Blush Palette 3 by Take a Cheeky Peek.
    I have so many mixed feelings about this. Like I love the idea of the 3 blushes and they have really decent pigment and look pretty on the cheeks. But the colors in the palette confused me. I personally don't think that 1 of them would look good on anyone. It looks like a mustard yellow/orange. Why? I don't know. Here are the pictures.

                                                                 no flash 
flash 


I love the color all the way on the right and the middle color is ok, there is just a lot of shimmer in it and don't think I would find myself reaching for it that often. 


Okay so the price of this when I bought it was $30.00 USD(Walgreens) but I just looked and it only $15.00 so for $15.00 I don't think it would be a bad purchase if you 1) like the colors of the blush 2) Really want the highlight.. The highlight palette is close to $13 by itself so you are almost getting the rest of the products for free. However I don't really recommend the eyeshadow palette. Maybe for someone younger just getting into makeup.But there are soooo many companies out there that make great products for beginners.  
Overall I personally would pass..I already took my set back which was really sad because if you follow me on snapchat you know how excited I was to use this. But that is the fun in makeup finding the great products and the not so great! 

Hopefully this helps when you are out shopping for the holidays and looking for something a makeup lover would want. Keep stopping by my blog I do have a couple things that I think they will love!!!! 
Thank for stopping by! I'll talk to you soon
xo 
Tiffny

Follow me 
Snapchat: xotiffnyxo 

Comments

Popular Posts