e.l.f. Disney Snow White:The Fairest of Them All-beauty book review & swatches

e.l..f Snow Whit Palette

Okay so if you don't know by know I am a huge HUGE e.l.f. fan. Have been since I was in High School when they first came out and all they had was the $1 line. Over the years their stuff has gotten way way better!! And over the last couple years especially I have become in love with them!! ( Plus they are cruelty free). Anyway So naturally when I heard about this palette (being the Disney lover and inner princess I am) I had to get it. I had such a hard time finding it!! Its sold exclusively at Walgreens and I live in a small town so I had to go on a hunt for them(not all Walgreen's carry e.l.f.'s seasonally line) So I finally picked it up last weekend! And I have not put it down!!!! So I've been using it a lot and I feel like I can do a full review on it. OK first pic is what the cover looks like.
front cover



                                                             inside

Here is a list of the things items included in the book:
-7 shadows
-an eyelid primer
-eyeliner in black
-sponge shadow applicator
-1 blush
-1 blush brush
-1 travelish size lip gloss

The eye shadow colors are I'm Wishing, Diamond Mine, Heigh-Ho, Yodel, One Song, Enchanted Forest, and My Prince.

Here's a closer look at the eye shadows

eye shadow close up


The 3 top colors are a shimmer neutral colors. The white color is used for the brow bone and I think would make an amazing highlight..actually all three of them colors could be used for highlighting. They are gorgeous!! I love when you can get multi-use outta something. You can highlight the tops of your checks,your cupids bow and anywhere you may want to add it.

Here is a picture of the colors Diamond Mine,Heigh-Ho,and Yodel
this is with flash.

So pretty huh?!?!Now onto the remaining 4 colors.Yodel(which is pictured above), One Song, Enchanted Forest, and My Prince.

I personally love the colors Yodel and One Song. I use One Song as a eyeliner on the top of my lids and on my water line. So so pretty. Enchanted Forest is such a pretty green, My Prince is like a purple/blue color with shimmer. 


As you can tell all of the shadows are a shimmery or glitter type of shadow so if your not into that then I don't know if your going to like this. WARNING:: The colors are very light. A primer will be need to wear these on the eyelids( one is already included! yay!!) And I had to sweep and blend the colors i want to use a couple times. There also is fallout with the glitter,,I found that even though i used a primer i still had some glitter falling into my cheek.

Onto the Primer. The primer included is in E.l.f.s normal line of cosmetics. I already on this primer in the color provided (sheer) and in white. I love this primer. It is a dupe to the beloved Urban Decay primers. I recommend that you buy some from their website or I think they sell them at Target and now some Wal-marts are carrying the line. You will use this all the time!! It will go fast!!! 

Brightening Eyeliner Pencil- I can't really say to much about this product because I don't like. Its just not for me, It feels kinda harsh on the eyelid. And I like wearing eyeliner on the inside of my waterline, and this doesn't even show up if you apply it. I won't even use this.

On to the next then ( i don't like dwelling on things i'm not loving. Hate putting down items but Im just being honest, that's why i moved along quickly. What didn't work for me might work great for someone else and vice versa)

Blush in the color Keep Singing- This is also a very shimmer color. To me in reminds me a lot of their coral color. Im not sure if it is the same color or not though. I like it. It's not to intense and looks really pretty on the skin( the darker the skin the prettier). I will use this color until the end of the official summer season is over with(to soon).The only thing I don't like is the brush. I wont be using it. 
Here is an upclose picture

and a swatch
blurry i know.

Lip color.- This Lip gloss is also in the regular line. Its called Ex-tra Lip Gloss. I already own them from the regular line in this color(Brett) and in the other colors.This gloss is so pretty! I love having a little mini one I can throw in my purse. The lip gloss is smooth and has good lasting power. Not to sticky which i love!! So I was glad( and kinda disappointed) this was in there. 


Okay so here are my overall thoughts:
 I find myself using this palette a lot. And The shadows are definitely the best part of the beauty book. They are just so pretty. 
I am kinda upset that they didn't put a new lipgloss/stick in this book. 
Like a lot of the Snow White/Ariel collection I couldn't justify buying a lot of it because I already had a lot of the items and/or colors in my personal collection.I do wish there was more LE Items.
But overall Im glad I did buy this. Which retails at Walgreens for $9.99+tax. Not a bad price for some LE products! So if you get a chance pick it up. 


And if you already own the Snow White palette.what are you feelings? Do you love it? Was it a waste?? Leave a comment below. I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks and If the other LE Disney/ELF products are worth grabbing up???

As always thanks for checking me out! If there's something you would love me to try or have any suggestions please feel free to comment below.

Comments

Popular Posts