Summer Fun, Hair,Makeup and more..

Can you smell that? That sweet smell of everything Pumpkin Spice flavor and scented...I know I know it's still summer..but I can faintly smell it. Lol. I live for fall!!! But that is for another time,this post includes some of the fun and new things I've tried over this summer.

It has been a busy summer. We always get my step kids over the summer (teenagers!) So my days get filled up pretty fast! (A lot of the reason I haven't been able to post much) But that is ok, I love making memories with them. But summer is coming to an end,they start school in a week(ekk!) Over the summer my daughter Grace and I tried some of the "trends" that we have been seeing.

We dyed our hair fun colors! Grace came up with it and finally decided to do like an electric blue,underneath hair blonde hair. So we took a trip to Sally's(after stopping at rite aid and not buying Splat:it has bleach and she is allergic). I was just going to get the manic panic colors. Until the lovely manager suggested the ION Brilliance Semi-Perm color, There are so many colors to chose from. So many pretty ones!! Grace picked out a color called "Sky Blue" despite its name it swatched a pretty dark blue color! And in the spur of the moment I picked up a really pretty light blue called "Azure" (pink was all out :sad face:) Side note: I had to buy developer and a bleach packet,so If you have darker hair it is really a good idea to bleach the hair that you are going to dye first.Please please use a good condition right after too,this way your hair doesn't dry out.

 Here are some pictures I found of the box and hair swatches ( I had pictures of both but reformatted my computer so yeah they are gone)

                                           AZURE




                                                    SJY BLUE


Now I have some behind the scenes pictures of the color process for the SKY BLUE
                  oh how pretty!!! We just did the hair underneath.
It turned out lighter then we thought! She wanted the color from the top pic. It was is a very pretty color and she ended up liking it. WIN! 

(sometimes I do hair lol)
Here is it all dried and curled! It really does look great with her blonde hair. She picked a great color! 

Side note: the light your hair will determine the intensity of the color;also if you have different pigments of color in your hair that will effect it as well. 


On to my hair. I didn't take many pictures of the color process for me, but I have what it turned out
don't mind this face

As you can see my hair did not turn out the pretty light blue...even after bleaching. It turned out this green/teal color. I like it..didn't love it. But i did redye it using the color Grace used. I don't have a picture at this moment, but I will post one on my Facebook,Ill put a link to at the bottom. 

All in all. This was really fun, from picking out the colors to getting color everywhere. And the end results turned out great..at least for Grace lol. I never thought I would dye my hair blue but it happened and I kinda love it! 


Next up is Clown Contouring. 

Ok, I must admit I have been wanting to try this after seeing it all over my social media feeds. I just never did. I don't know why, Maybe I didn't want to get my newly cleaned brushes dirty, or it just looked super hard(it is) Whatever the reason I didn't try it. 
Until a little birdie (Grace) asked me if I ever heard of it. Well yeah? I didn't she had. She it looked really neat and she wanted to try it. So we watched a couple YouTube videos. I can't remember all of the names but one was Wayne Goss. We gathered up all the materials that we were going to need,turns out a lot more then I ever used while Highlight and Contouring..maybe just because of the video we watched. And then the madness happened 
*** i do have pictures of them but im currently using a new tablet and have not got the swing of it yet.  Promise wheni figure it out I will post them....or you can head over to my facebook,they are posted there ***

To say it was an experience is an understatement. I feel like it was fun to play around and try it but really not worth the extra time it took. Blend like its nobody business with this. It took both us of to blend her face with about 3 different brushes plus a beauty blender. It looked nice. Just way to much work( And that's coming from a makeup artist!!) Maybe when I'm bored in the winter I can try it more..I don't recommend this during the summer..it's just to hot!!! 

Over the summer I also have to Ulta hauls that I need to upload! Look for those this week. This post is already long enough  ..
Down below I posted the link on where to buy the hair color..but if you have a Sally's I would just go look so you can get a good idea of what color you would like. Who knows you might even change your mind. 

How was your summer? Do anything out of the norm? Tried "Clown Contouring" let me know below.

Also if you have any questions you can always reach me at these links. 

Until next time..
xxx

Www.twitter.com/tiffnyxo











Comments

Popular Posts