Review: Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick

Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick


Okay. So this is going to be a totally different post then I've written before. As far as I can remember I don't think I have ever written a full post about a product that I did not like before. This is a first for me but I really really wanted people to know about these lipsticks and my experience with them. 


I don't think they are new or anything. Maybe? I've never really heard anything about them until I was looking for a dupe for Kylie's KoKo K. I came across a Pinterest post that had a couple different lipsticks on it and the Vivid Mattes are on there. I was stocked because they were drugstore and I could pick them up that day. I picked them up at 2 different Rite Aids. 
Alright I get home and I'm so excited to try these. First I swatch them on my arm because I was late and I already had my makeup off and didn't want to clean my face again. The first one I swatched was Nude Thrill, this one isn't the dupe for KoKo K but I'm a sucker for nudes. Here is the swatch in a natural lighting.
Nude Thrill

The first thing I noticed is that it didn't fully dry matte. Bummer number 1. Which in all honesty isn't even that big of a deal. I thought well if it looks good on my lips, I'm okay with a semi matte lipstick. The next day I applied it to my lips and it burned so bad. Now I'm not sensitive to makeup at all. I think only 1 other product I have ever tried brunt me as bad a this. But wait there's more. It smelt so bad like old church lady perfume( you know what I'm talking about). It was so strong, I had to take it off. I honestly thought it was just the Rite Aid I got it from because the store closest to my house has a lot of old products, so I thought it was just bad. 
Not to fear I thought, I bought the color I really wanted and a different Rite Aid, so it's going to be all good. The "dupe" ( I don't even want to call it that) for KoKo K is Maybelline's Nude Flush. I'll swatch it below.
Nude Flush

And I have a swatch of both of them with flash

See they are some of the prettiest colors ever! Back to Nude Flush..I decided to wear Nude Flush out on a date with my husband one night. The color is so pretty and perfect. I wish so bad that this color didn't smell too. If it is even possible this color smelt even worse! I can still smell it. But wait, I still wore it hoping that the smell would go away. It didn't but I was so in love with the color I wanted to make it work. Until I ate that is. Somehow I got use to the smell,but then ir was lunch time and Oh god! The taste. It was the worst thing I ever tasted in my life. I was tasting the perfume that I smelt for the last two days. I know I should have gave up after the smell but the colors were so pretty. 

Not only did the lipsticks smell horrible,it left a horrible taste in my mouth. Also they don't dry matte. But honestly that is the least of the problems. Maybe that is why I never heard anyone talk about them. I don't know. I ended up taking them back, which I never do, I usually just hand them down to someone else. I didn't want anyone else to go through what I did. These are the worst lipsticks I have ever tried. I'm just shocked because I love Maybelline's regular lipsticks, the bullet kind.  I don't think it was a bad batch, since I went to 2 different Rite Aids. I just wanted to get the word out there so no one else had to waste their hard earned money on these. 

So my question is..have you tried these? Did you have the same experience as I did? 
Let me know if there are any products that I should stay away from. 

Thanks for stopping by and reading this. If you want to chat or have any questions you can reach me at the links below. 
xo Tiffany xo 

Links

Snapchat: xotiffnyxo


Comments

Popular Posts