Hard Candy Palettes-Top Ten Trendsetters

So I was at Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago and I found myself in the makeup section ( wonder how that happened lol). As I was looking I remember that I was hearing a lot of buzz on the internet about Hard Candy stepping up there game and coming out with lots of new products. So I had to stop and look lol. And WOW there are a lot!! Of cute new goodies for us makeup junkies to try!! After spending what seemed like an hour looking and fawning over everything. I made up mind and just picked up one thing. ( I have a lot on plate right now and I'm so behind on reviews,it wouldn't be fair to buy more the one thing lol) So I picked up the Top Ten Trendsetters eyeshadow palette in guilty pleasures.(here's a link to the website: HardCandy) While on the website description says: "An eye shadow collection of fashion-forward colors in a chic, fabric mirror compact in an extraordinary range of shades, with matte, shimmer, glitter, and metallic finishes."
 I find that there are no mattes in this palette and while there are shimmers..there is this big layer of glitter on top of every color in the palette. Here are the pictures I took. With and without flash







Okay let me explain a little I didn't get a chance to take a picture before I took all the glitter off. I tried to wear it with the glitter on the shadows but it would just fall. As you can see there still is glitter left on the shadows...it is hard to get all of it off. Every time i wear them there seems to be less and less glitter. I love me some glitter. Although its not possible for me to wear glitter all day everyday for special occasions i like to wear it. But this palette seems to be more everyday colors to me. So I don't think the glitter on the shadows fit very well.  As for the quality and color pay off ... This has to be one of my favorite drugstore palettes. The shadows go on very nicely and smooth and I can build on them so that a plus. The staying power is ok. I used 2 eyeshadow  primers with them and at the end of the day you can still see them but not as much as you could when i first did my makeup. And with using to primers you would think the more the better right? lol. 

Overall for the price they are great ( I think i paid around $9.00 usd for them but I just check on walmart.com and I'm seeing the other palettes in this collection for $6.00) I really do love allt he colors and even though they don't last all day this is one of the best drugstore/big box store palettes I've ever tried. If I had to rate it I would give it an 8/10 just because I didn't like how I had to rub all the glitter off. But for the price Im not complaining and Can we just talk about how cute the case is!!!!! LOVE!!! 

Have any of you tried this palette from Hard Candy? What about their other products? Is there something you would love for me to review? Lets chat. Drop me a comment and tell me what you think.

Til next time
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts