Date Night Look

                   Date Night Look
     (ok this was suppose to be a Valentines Day look but it took forever to post this blog! So I figured I can just make this a "Date Night" look but I did do this look on Valentine's Day..it's one of my favorite looks ..hope you enjoy it)

Okay I know I'm a little late on this..but I wanted to show my step by step process of how I achieved this look.
Unfortunately I didn't get an up close photo of my look on Valentines Day ( I was to stoked to go see 50 shades of Grey)
I will post a picture of then only picture I have by myself
                       

First before starting any of my makeup I moisturize. You can use any moisturizer you currently use. I use just an off brand I picked up from the drugstore because
I'm still currently looking for one that meets my needs. ( I have recently developed large pores and redness in my checks..idk what it is from but I drink plenty
of water so it's not that) But if any of you have any suggestions please drop them down below I'm open to trying anything!! BTW Most of the products that I'm using
today are drugstore products.

*Eyes*

Next. I start on my eyes. I don't completely do them. I finish with mascara,eyeliner any glitter and lashed last. I know some people don't do it that way but hey
that is how I do it.
    First I prime my eyes with Fergie for WetnWild: Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer.To say I LOVE this is an understatement. It compares really will to the Urban
Decay primer and I will actually pick this one over it anyday.
                       
 For the eyeshadow I use the Coastal Scents Revealed palette (this is only available online. sorry)
                             

But its sooo worth picking up..while your at it pick up the Revealed
palette as well) I use {for my use only 1,7,17} the first color in the palette as an all over color. The for the lid I use an light medium matte brown. And blend it
really well.It's also a transition color because there is more to this eye look. Next I use a crease brush [RT Crease brush] and take the 17th color in the palette.
Which is just a medium shimmery brown/coppery color. Its so pretty I just swatched on my had for the first time..I know duh! But I am falling in love with this color.
As like a lid color..something I am going to have to try out...but for now I use it as a crease color...Just take your brush a put the color into the crease of
your eyelid. Also I bring it down towards the outta "V" of the eyelid and I feel that just gives it a nice softer look. blends it all together and kind of a smokey
but not so noticeable eye.
 Okay so this next time is totally up to you ..and I honestly can't remember if I use eyeliner on my lid or not [note to self don't wait so long to do a look next
time] But if you do go ahead and add that..I wouldn't do a wing eye though because we are going to be adding more at the end.But if you feel naked with out that
"wing" maybe a little cat eye would look nice. I use the Elf Waterproof Eyeliner. Okay I just examined these pics from Vday Night and I don't think I used eyeliner
but it looks like I tight lined my upper eyelid.

*Face*

I start out by priming my face with Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer in 002(I don't know why it has a 002 because its a clear gel but that is what it say) This
primer says it will smooth,resurface,brighten,mattify,and protect. I feel like it does all of them. I have tried a lot of primer. From Bare Minerals to UD to all
the drugstore ones so far this is my Holy Grail primer. It really makes my pores smaller..not as small as I would like them but let's just say if I didn't way this
my foundation would look blah.
                         

  Also I know there are some beauty "gurus" out there that say there is really no need for primer. Now I'm no "guru" but I say that's a big fat false. Maybe if you have
18 year old perfect skin but let's be real most of us don't have flawless skin. And if you find the right primer and you feel like it helps and makes your makeup look
and feel better then you go on and prime that face!! I honestly hate the way my makeup looks without primer and if you have combo or oily skin you need a primer to
help your makeup from slipping off.. Rant over lol

Concealer If I have any pimples or spots that need correcting I use the L.A Girl pro concealer in Classic Ivory. There have been talk that this concealer is a dupe for MAC's
MAC's Prolong wear concealer..I have not tried that product out yet..but I think I will in the near future. I hear nothing but great reviews about it. minus the glass
tubing used.
                     

Foundation
 If you read my last blog you know I am obsessed with the new Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless Foundation. I love love this stuff. So glad I was finally able to find
it! Took a couple months for my local CVS to get it in stock. Well worth the wait!!! You have to shake it to get product out because it doesn't have a pump..which
I feel is the only draw back. But I just dot the foundation onto my face and take a flat foundation brush, I use the ELF Powder Brush. But any flat topped brush is
fine, to blend the foundation all the way in.
 I set the foundation with the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and poreless pressed powder.in 120 classic ivory. I use the Elf complexion brush.

My next few steps are kinda a contour and highlight..only I didn't do a full contour and highlight and basically just contoured my cheeks and forehead and jawline.
I know it sounds like a lot but it can get a lot more detailed.

Contour.
I always like to start with my contour on the cheeks(before blush and highlight) because If you feel like you may have put it on to dark you can always blend your
blush into it.
For my contour i used Milani's bronzer XL in 02 fake tan. it is a duo bronzer and one side id matte the other side is shimmer. You always want to use a matte bronzer
when contouring (unless you want to look like a shimmer ball then by all means go on with your bad self.)  Since I have more of a round face I start my contouring
slightly below/ own my cheekbone. To lift the my cheek bones up more. And always blend upward towards your hairline. blend until there are no harsh lines. PS. I use the Elf
Professional bronzing brush.
                   

Blush.
 For this look I used a soft coral color to just give my cheeks a soft hint of color. I used Elf Studio blush in Tickled Pink. It comes off on my skin tone as a light
pink more coral goldeny color. I overlap my blush with some of the contour I just did and blend them together. I also use a ELF studio blush brush.
 

Highlight.
 For this highlight i just highlight the tops of my cheeks and my brow bone. But for my cheeks i started in the middle of where my blush is and blend up into my hair
line again. I use the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips all in one custom palette for face and eyes. and I mix the First colors in the top two rows. I use the RT
contour brush for my highlight.
                               
                                   

Now we travel back to the eyes to finish them up.

I'll start with my brows. Now I am still getting the hang of getting my brows perfect. I don't over do them..simply because I don't know how. If you have your own brow
routine then you could always do that. For me my brows are simple but I do like them to look done. It just makes the whole face come together. But whatever you feel
comfortable with is just fine. There are NO RULES in makeup no matter how many people try and tell you differently. Its all up to what you personally like and what you
feel good doing. Back to brows. I start with the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Deep Brown. then after I have like baby hair on the tail of my brows
which make it look like i have no tail. so I like to take my RT brow brush to just smooth the product throughout my whole brow and then i take the brush and dip it
into the wax part of the ELF Eyebrow kit. and just touch up the tail ends of my eyebrow. Now if any product feel on your face then just take a flat triangle foundation
brush to clean it up.
                   


 Then I take the Physicians Formula palette that I used for my cheeks and using the first color on the top row and blend some on the part of
my eyelid where it meets the arch of the eyebrow.
Now to to add a little something extra to my eyes. I take the Milani Fierce Foil Eyeshine in 01 Milan and with the little spatula thing they give you, get a good amount
of product from the pinkish color (the 2nd on the top row) and right in the middle of my eye spread it just before the inner corner of eye and right before you hit that
nice "V" of the color you made earlier. and blend it up until you hot the crease. From here its all up to you. You can add more to make it intense or stick with the
softer. I of course added more cause I love dramatics lol. Just make sure to blend so the lines are not harsh.
                       

Now I take any eyeliner that I am loving at the moment..which right now is one that I have had forever its by Avon..which surprised me cause I really don't like Avon
products much. But its called profession kohl eyeliner in black. I love the darkness of the color and the ease that it glides on. Next I curl my eyelashes and add my
favorite mascara Tarte lights camera lashes. I love how it doesn't flake and makes my lashes look so long. I don't even feel the need to use false lashes when I
have them on. But if you would like to finish your eye look with this go ahead. It will make it extra dramatic which i might try next time I do this look!
                         

Lips. I always exfoliate my lips with the elf lip exfoliator but y'all don't have to do that.
But i lined my lips with Milani color statement lip liner in 09 Spice. Followed by NYX soft matte lip cream in Cairo(I love the soft matte lip creams) And finally i do
a little swipe in the middle of my bottom and top lips of Milanis color statement lipstick in Dulce Caramelo 27.
                 




And that's all. lol. I know it seems like so much. But it really is not. Just seems like a lot since I its all wrote down and there's a lot to read!! And if you made it
this far Thank you!! I know its a lot to read...it was a lot to type! But This is one of my favorite looks and I hope you guys like it too. I will link where you can
buy all these products. And if you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them below or you can follow me on instagram,twitter and makeup social.

xoxo.


                           Where to buy :

E.L.F

Coastal Scents Revealed

NYX

L.A. Pro Concealer

CVS






Comments

Popular Posts