Review: LimeCrime Venus Palette

Hello again! I finally have a review for y'all tonight! It is the LimeCrime Venus palette. Now it isn't new or anything...I think it has been out for over a year,but I finally got mine in November/December. I can't really remember which month since it's been so long. Now I know what you are thinking? Why are you reviewing a palette that is so old, well because I was on the fence about getting this palette for a long long time. There has been so much controversy over LimeCrime the company and the CEO that I really wasn't sure if I wanted to buy anything from them because of all the stories. Which is sad because they have so many products that I wanted to try. Plus I thought I really didn't need the "Venus" palette because I bought a lot of the "dupes" eye shadows that were out there. But then ... they had a sale, and it was a really really good sale. So I was like I'll order it,if I have any problems or don't have a good experience with the company then at least I didn't waste a lot of money. So the verdict is....


   I LOVE it! I would pay full price for this over and over again! It arrived on time,so no shipping problems. I honestly haven't had to deal with customer service or the company so I cannot say anything about that.

Now lets get down to the "Venus" Palette. its really really pretty.
         here is a look at the outside
   

Ahh.. see what I was talking about. It looks like a work of art..well it technically is art I know.. but it is probably the prettiest palette cover I have ever seen. I love using it. 

Inside you will find 8 pans of eye shadow.. Venus is a play on colors heavily used in the 90s. So a lot of the colors are very rich and deep in my opinion. 
                       
(no flash)
colors from left to right
top row:
Venus,Shell,Aura,Creation
bottom row:
Icon,Rebirth,Divine,Muse
(flash)
Sorry for the low quality on the photos but I lost my camera charger and I'm currently just using my iPhone camera. I do have close up pictures that I think are much much better. 

Lets talk about formula. These babies are so buttery soft but not so soft the crumble or fall. Actually this one of the few palettes that has virtually no fallout. I love using them for real!!! Okay I'll get to the close up photos so you can see for yourself how beautiful they are. 
Shell and Aura and very shimmery Could also be used a highlighter. I love to use them in the corners of the eyes. Even being shimmery they don't have any fallout. There are no chunks of glitter. Just a real pretty sheen. Venus and Creation have great color payoff. The color you see in the pan is the color that is going to be on your lids. They all blend super good. I haven't used them without a primer but I'm almost positive that they would last all day even if you don't use one. 
Muse is a beautiful burgundy color. Deep and saturated I love it for fall.Amazing color pay off.  Divine and Rebirth are probably 2 of the colors I use the most. Divine is my everyday color or for my "no makeup" makeup look. It looks great all over the lid. I add thick liner just to add a little spice to it when I wear it alone. Rebirth is a great transition color.So pretty and really ass contrast to between the all over color and the color you may be using for a crease. It is also really pretty alone. Icon I use mostly when I "try" and do cut creases. I still done have the hang of it but slowly. lol. The only thing I don't like about Icon is that find it harder to blend. I don't know it that is because of my eye shadow primer i use or what or the fact that it is very very pigmented but I have the hardest time blending this one! 

Overall:  I think you can tell how much I adore this palette, and I am even willing to order more stuff from LimeCrime since I didn't have a bad experience. When it comes down to it I don't want to get into the politics of makeup, I just want them to have good products and good customer service.  
 These shadows are great. Buttery, pigmented and they have great staying power. If you were like me and on the fence...well hop on off that fence and buy it. They are so so great! I'll leave a link below to the site where you can buy it. 

Okay I think I covered everything. If you have any questions or comments.. just drop them below or you can always find me on my any of these places below.

    Facebook ( Be sure to like it )
   Twitter ( Follow me)
   Instagram (follow)
   **Snapchat is xotiffnyxo add me for some craziness :) 

Buy the palette here !!!

Look for more post coming in the next week I have 2 coming 
 My everyday products I use 
 First impression on Nail Polish and Wet n Wild's new Brushes.
so technically that is 3 but I might hold off on the Brushes I want to get a couple more 

 Hope ya enjoyed this post. I know they are always so long(sorry just want to load you up with as much as info as possible) 
love,
tiffny 


                                               

Comments

Popular Posts