MAC Velvet Teddy Dupe

MAC VELVET TEDDY vs WETNWILD BEBOT LOVE



Ok. I'm going to admit I’m a newbie when it comes to MAC Makeup. I just started using it a little over a year ago. And one of the first things I order was a lipstick. In all my social media accounts, everyone raved about MAC lipsticks. So I finally broke down and placed an order for just one lipstick. Lol. Needless to say I was in love. And so my MAC obsession began. Now I have my own little stock pile of bullets and shadows and my newest purchase MAC Prolong wear concealer. Anyway back to the whole reason for this blog post. In case you didn’t know Nude lipsticks are BIG right now! Every makeup company has produced their own version of nudes over the last couple seasons.  One of the biggest nudes is the MAC Velvet Teddy. Ask anyone that loves MAC and this is on their top list!!! Well with all the hype I had to try it. I will be honest I was worried when I got the lipstick. It looked really brown…I know that what a nude is brown..but my natural lip color is more of a pink. I was worried it was going to wash out my face and make it look like I had concealer on my lips. ( Trust me in High School I bought a light brown lipstick I think it was called camel,but it literally looked like I had concealer on my lips and everyone thought I was crazy but it REALLY was a lipstick.) So I had reasons to be skeptical about nudey-brown lipsticks. But I was very surprised by this lipstick color. Okay for those who may not own a mac lippie. The formula is so creamy. They feel like butter on your lips. They just apply so well. I've never found a MAC lipstick I don’t like. Granted I don’t have them all but I have quite a few. So. I have a pretty good idea. I know $16 seems like a lot to spend on just one lipstick but I have 2 points here. First is that there are tons of indie brands out there(some with not so good reviews and not very well known ) that charge $20 and up. MAC is a well known company so you can trust them. Second the feel of these lipsticks are EVERYTHING. You won’t be disappointed. Just try one. It doesn’t have to be the color I’m talking about now. But try for yourself. I think you will be very happy with results.
 But if you don’t want to shell out the money: Have no fear. There is a dupe I found out about for the Velvet Teddy. Now I personally didn’t come up with this or discover it. I stumbled upon it a couple times from different social media outlets. And I don’t remember where I saw it for the first time. But none of that matters what really matters is there a really good dupe for it. *drum roll please* The name of the dupe is…. Fergie for WetnWild in Bebot Love. Now it took me forever to find this. I live in a tiny little town in Pennsylvania so I always have a hard time finding things. I mainly have to order online or drive an hour away to find things. Anyone else have this problem??  Currently the price is $2.19 at Walgreen's or Drugstore.com for $3.49. I can’t remember where I found it or what the price was when I did. But I do know I looked for like a month and I had to have it to try it out since I ended up loving the color of Velvet Teddy and If you can get a good dupe for under 5 bucks why not?
Now I have to tell y'all that there are some differences. Its not an exact match but it is so close and very hard to tell the difference when on your lips. Below are swatches of them alone by themselves. The first swatches are from the Fergie for WetnWild in Bebot Love. The top one is with Flash and the Bottom is just normal lighting.



 
Next are the Mac Velvet Teddy Swatches.  FYI the Velvet Teddy is a matte lip color. Where the Bebot love is more of a shiny lip  color.  Top pic is normal Lighting and bottom is with Flash.



Crazy how much they look a like right?!?! As you can tell the Bebot love I think is a little darker and has a slight pinkish tint. But its very very hard to tell the difference.
Here are some side by side pictures. 


I told you its very hard to tell which is which!! But such a pretty color! The Mac one is smoother to apply. That and its a matte and a little lighter are the only differences that I can tell. Such a good back up for when I run out of Velvet Teddy..or if I don't want to spend the $16 its a very affordable alternative.

*** Here is a swatch on the lips. on the first pic Velvet Teddy is on the top lip and bebot love is on the bottom lip.

*Disclaimer. I am horrible at taken lip pictures. Right now all I'm working with is my iPhone camera. So I'm very sorry for the quality of these next couple pictures. I'm trying to get different pictures and angles. 
***The bottom picture is with Bebot Love on the top lip and Velvet Teddy on the bottom lip. 

--The Following are just random pictures I took of each of the lipsticks. 
BEBOT LOVE 


VELVET TEDDY 


BOTH 


Okay I tried to provide you guys with the most information I could gather and get. As always if you have any questions please please feel free to contact me. Ill leave links to every place that you can contact me at. I recently just made a Facebook page for the blog so you can reach me there at any time. I will also link where you can buy each product. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I appreciate  it so much!! I love you beauties!! If you have any suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog let me know in the comments!!! Thanks again (: 

LINKS:
Where to buy:




ME:



Comments

Popular Posts