My favorite brushes

Favorite Brushes 


This post is going to be all about the brushes that I use everyday. I have a good mix of different brands I use. I don't always use brushes for what they are intended for, some people like to follow strict rules. Makeup has no set rules well maybe one,blend, but whatever makes you happy do it. To each their own the most important thing is to have fun, so I'll write a little bit about each one.


FACE

Real Techniques- Pointed foundation brush. I use this brush to pay my under eye concealer or highlight. I heard that it can harm your skin underneath the eye if you rub on it to much. Idk if it's true but since then I've been gently patting that area.
                                     

Elf-Flawless concealer brush- I blend in my concealer and sometimes to blend my nose contour. The tiny little fluffy brush head makes it easy to get into and around small areas.


Real Techniques- Buffing brush- this is my favorite face brush ever! I just it for basically everything that I can get away with. It leaves my makeup looking flawless. It's so easy to blend in your liquid foundation with this brush. This is a must have in my book!

Elf -Contour brush- this has really small tightly packed bristle. When I want a strong sharp contour I use this with a cream based color. My favorite contouring palette is currently the elf contouring palette.

Elf Professional Bronzing brush- use with powder contour or bronzer. Easy to use. Has an angle and is a dollar. I use this more then my other bronzing brushes.

Real Techniques- Contour Brush. This is use for my powder highlight and sometimes setting powder. It blends everything in real nice and can get under my eyes real easy.

Real Techniques- Blush brush- This brush changed my blush routine for life! I was using a smaller blush brush but had to pack on the blush with it and sometimes it would turn out horrible. I found this and wow. Just a little blush goes a long way. I love the big tapered head it has on it. One swoop and your done.

Elf Blush brush- I use this for my shimmering highlight on the cheekbones. My motor is if you can't see that highlight from space you're doing it wrong. That's just me. I love sparkle and shine. This blush brush allows me to add as little or as much as I want. I can add on the highlight without it going all over the place!

EYES  

 Sephora- Eyeshadow brush. I have had this I heart Sephora eyeshadow brush collection forever. They have held up over 7+ years I wish I could find the same set I like them that much. This is just a regular fluffy brush and I use this to apply my base shadow all over my eye. 

Dome eyeshadow brush- I have no idea who makes this there is no name on it and I do t think there ever was. Maybe you can look at it and see if it looks familiar. But I love the way it makes eyeshadow look on the lids. Idk why but I reach for this more then any other brush.
 

Bare Essentials- Smokey V- I only use one side of this brush. I hate the "V" part of it. But the other side is amazing. I use it as a crease or blending brush. It works so good!!! I just love it and I don't think you can buy it anymore. Sad 

Anastasia Beverly Hills- this brush came with my self made palette. I use the fluffy side the most. Mostly to apply shadow to my crease. I think the bristles are synthetic I'm not sure though.
 

Sephora- Smudge - this is another of the I heart Sephora brushes. And I don't use it to smudge. I use to use it to contour my nose. I still do sometimes. It's short and stubby and perfect for it. But recently, I've been using it to pack on shimmer eyeshadows. Specially ones that don't have too much pigment if I use this brush they look so nice an amazing!! It's my new favorite brush. 

Elf-Blending eye brush- pretty self explanatory. It's a dollar and it does a really good job at blending the shadows. 

Crowne Brush- C470 or something like that. It's a crease/shadow brush. I don't like this brush for the crease but I do love it to apply eyeshadow in the inner corner of my eyes and under the bottom lash line. I also have been using the other side for applying a highlight color to my brow bone. 

Sephora- Liner/eyeliner- Here's a big surprise lol I don't use it for that! I love using this to apply lash glue to my lashes. It coast the band evenly and it's not messy. I don't think I have ever used it for eyeliner so I can't say if it works good for that. But if you haven't tried using an eyeliner brush to apply lash glue. Try it you will love it. 
I'm sorry for such a bad picture here but I forgot to take it with the other ones. And really wanted to get this posted because my internet isn't working with me right now! 

Okay there they are. The brush I use the most. I'm always in the market for new brushes. You can never have enough right? Do you have a brush that you can't live without? Let me know. I'd love to check them out. 

As always if you have any questions or comments. Maybe you just want to chat. You can read me at all the places down below. 
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
Snapchat :xotiffnyxo

Peace & Love
Tiff 

Comments

Popular Posts